Skip to Content

Deficiency Information

The Professional Counseling Program does not complete deficiency plans for those needing coursework to meet the requirements for Texas Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, or Certified School Counselors, EXCEPT for individuals who have already graduated from the Texas State University Professional Counseling Program. 


ยป Anyone else seeking to complete coursework within the Professional Counseling Program must apply to be admitted to the program. Non-degree seeking applications will only be approved for those who have already graduated from the Professional Counseling Program, or those seeking to complete coursework through the Institute for Play Therapy

See the Non-degree seeking student Admissions page for more information.


If you are a graduate of the Texas State Professional Counseling Program and have questions, please contact the Program Coordinator, Dr. Kathy Ybanez-Llorente at


CURRENT SCHOOL COUNSELING degree seeking students who need a Deficiency plan on file with the Texas State Certification Office, please contact Dr. Jennifer Greene to schedule an appointment. Please complete the school counseling deficiency plan below, prior to meeting with Dr. Greene-Rooks.