The Mathworks Math Contest (MMC) is a free contest: an opportunity for middle school students (6-8th-grade students) to explore mathematics and be challenged by high-level problems!
The MMC is a 15 question test that is proctored by math teachers and coaches at their respective schools. Once all the students have taken the test, they are sent back to us. After all the grades have been calculated, the grades are released to the teachers and coaches. All participants are invited to apply to the Mathworks residential Junior Summer Math Camp (JSMC).
Top scoring student will be recognized for their accomplishments.
Timeline for 2022:
- October 26th: the test is to be sent via email to math proctors/teachers/coaches. (If you do not see the test in your inbox please check your spam folder.)
- November 2rd: Day of Contest
- November 4th: Tests must be returned to Mathworks, postmarked by this date.
- November 11th: Test must be received by Mathworks by this date.
- December 5th - 9th: Test scores will be released to teachers/coaches.