University Seminar (US 1100) helps incoming freshmen transition to college life and is designed to be taken during a student’s first semester at Texas State. Its small class setting allows students to get to know each other as well as their instructor.
US 1100 Objectives
- To expand students' understanding of the nature and purposes of a university.
- To facilitate students' adjustment to the challenges of life and learning at Texas State.
- To identify practical learning skills and concepts that will promote students' academic success.
- To encourage students to explore the connection between university study and life enrichment, lifelong learning, and civic responsibility.
- To promote respect for diversity issues and concepts.