Payroll and Tax Compliance Office
Upcoming Pay Dates and Deadlines
All PCRs and time entry must be approved before SAP Locked Days.
Hourly/Biweekly Payroll: Time must be approved before SAP Locked Day
Pay date: January 31st.
- Pay Period: January 1-15
- SAP will be locked on January 23
Pay date: February 15
- Pay Period: January 16-31
- SAP will be locked on February 8
Pay date: February 1st
- Pay Period - January 1-31
- SAP will be locked from January 25 - 26
Pay date: March 1st
- Pay Period - February 1-28
- SAP will be locked on February 23
Enroll in Direct Deposit
PAYCHECK DISTRIBUTION FSS/PPS 03.25
For those employees who choose to continue receiving a paper check, they may be picked up on payday at the Student Business Services Cashier's windows on the first floor of the J.C. Kellam Building. You must present your Texas State ID card or government issued identification card to receive your paycheck. Electronic Earnings Statements may be viewed or printed at the SAP Portal Employee Self Service website.
We encourage employees, who have not enrolled in direct deposit, to consider this more convenient process for their paychecks. It also helps us practice social distancing. Please take a moment to read the direct deposit instructions and sign up today.
Time for a Paycheck Checkup
Tips for using the IRS Withholding Calculator
- Have your most recent pay stub and federal tax return on hand.
- The calculator’s results are only as accurate as the information you enter.
- The Withholding Calculator does not ask you to provide sensitive personally-identifiable information like your name, Social Security number, address or bank account numbers. The IRS does not save or record the information you enter on the Calculator.
Find the IRS calculator at IRS.gov/withholding.
You should do a paycheck checkup using the IRS’s Withholding Calculator and, if necessary, complete a new W-4 form if you:
- Are a two-income family.
- Have two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year.
- Claim credits like the child tax credit.
- Have dependents age 17 or older.
- Itemized deductions in 2020.
- Have high income or a complex tax return.
- Have a large tax refund or tax bill for 2020.
For more details, visit: http://www.txstate.edu/payroll/