Payroll and Tax Compliance Office
Phishing Alert - Payroll Email
Over the weekend, a phishing email from a compromised university (.edu) email account claimed to notify of a "payroll payment update" - this link led to what appeared to be a TXST login screen but was actually a phishing site.
Remember to always be skeptical of what you see online and to be critical of messages you receive. Don’t click unfamiliar links, don’t reply to suspicious emails, and don’t type in your NetID and password into forms that you aren’t certain are legitimate.
Upcoming Pay Dates and Deadlines
All PCRs and time entry must be approved before SAP Locked Days.
Hourly/Biweekly Payroll: Time must be approved before SAP Locked Day
Pay date: December 15
- Pay Period: November 16 -30
- SAP will be locked on Friday, December 8
Pay date: December 29*
- Pay Period: December 1-15
- SAP will be locked on Tuesday, December 19
*Special payment instructions for pay date December 29, 2023, only:
- Direct Deposit (ACH) - Employees will receive their automatic bank deposit as usual.
- Paper Checks will be mailed to the employee’s home address on file via the U.S. Postal Service. To request a check to be pick-up at SBS, the employees must send an email by December 18, 2023, to: firstname.lastname@example.org and the check will be available for pick-up at SBS on January 2, 2024, when the University reopens for business.
Pay date: November 1, 2023
- Pay Period - October
- SAP will be locked on Wednesday, October 25
Pay date: December 1, 2023
- Pay Period - November
- SAP will be locked on Monday, November 27
Pay date: January 2, 2024
- Pay Period - December
- SAP will be locked on Thursday, December 21
Enroll in Direct Deposit
PAYCHECK DISTRIBUTION FSS/PPS 03.25
For those employees who choose to continue receiving a paper check, they may be picked up on payday at the Student Business Services Cashier's windows on the first floor of the J.C. Kellam Building. You must present your Texas State ID card or government issued identification card to receive your paycheck. Electronic Earnings Statements may be viewed or printed at the SAP Portal Employee Self Service website.
We encourage employees, who have not enrolled in direct deposit, to consider this more convenient process for their paychecks. It also helps us practice social distancing. Please take a moment to read the direct deposit instructions and sign up today.
Time for a Paycheck Checkup
Tips for using the IRS Withholding Calculator
- Have your most recent pay stub and federal tax return on hand.
- The calculator’s results are only as accurate as the information you enter.
- The Withholding Calculator does not ask you to provide sensitive personally-identifiable information like your name, Social Security number, address or bank account numbers. The IRS does not save or record the information you enter on the Calculator.
Find the IRS calculator at IRS.gov/withholding.
You should do a paycheck checkup using the IRS’s Withholding Calculator and, if necessary, complete a new W-4 form if you:
- Are a two-income family.
- Have two or more jobs at the same time or only work part of the year.
- Claim credits like the child tax credit.
- Have dependents age 17 or older.
- Itemized deductions in 2020.
- Have high income or a complex tax return.
- Have a large tax refund or tax bill for 2020.
For more details, visit: http://www.txstate.edu/payroll/