Bobcat Basketball Band
The Bobcat Basketball Band (B3) is a group of 100+ spirited students who perform at all Men's and Women's home games as well as the Sun Belt Conference Tournament.
- Games that fall during the FALL SEMESTER are covered by members of the Bobcat Marching Band.
- Games that fall during the SEMESTER BREAK are cover by Texas State musicians, and these players are financially compensated for their services.
- Games that fall during the SPRING SEMESTER are covered by the Bobcat Basketball Band, an auditioned group that receives academic credit. Auditions are held in early November. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Questions? Contact Professor Matthew Holzner, Assistant Director of Bands
at (512) 245-3045 or at email@example.com
The Bobcat Basketball Band (B3) is an auditioned group which plays for all home and tournament games for the men and women's basketball teams. It is also an academic class (MUSE 3101).
- Select scholarships available
- Free uniforms for all members
- Opportunity for post-season travel
- Being a member of one of the most visible student organizations on campus
- Being a part of a high-energy and fun group of dedicated fans to cheer on our Bobcat teams to victory!
Auditions will be completed by virtual video submission. Virtual auditions for the 2022-2023 Bobcat Basketball Band (B3) will be due on Monday, December 5, 2022.
The B3 is open to students who play piccolo, clarinet, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet, mellophone, baritone, sousaphone, drum set and bass guitar. The following instruments are supplied by the university for a rental fee: piccolo, tenor saxophone, mellophone, baritone, sousaphone, drum set.
- Be a student at Texas State University and register for MUSE 3101
- Attend all assigned spring basketball games (see dates below)
- Audition and be aaccepted
Virtual auditions will be due Monday, November 28, 2022.
- Students should prepare a brief excerpt of their choice to showcase their playing ability, tone, and range. (1-3 minutes)
- Demonstrate range and tone via scales
- Play the prepared excerpt. (See below)
DRUM SET AND ELECTRIC BASS PLAYERS: Please e-mail Mr. Holzner directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your audition.
Men's Basketball Schedule: https://txst.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2022-2023
Women's Basketball Schedule: https://txst.com/sports/womens-basketball/schedule?path=wbball
NOTE: We only play for home games during the SPRING semester