Mission, Values and Goals
Texas State University is a public, student-centered research institution dedicated to excellence, discovery, and innovation. We create new knowledge, embrace a diversity of people and ideas, foster cultural and economic development, and educate our students to participate fully and freely in the communities of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Our Shared Values
In pursuing our mission, we, the faculty, staff, and students of Texas State University, are guided by a shared collection of values:
- Teaching and learning based on research, student needs, and the free exchange of ideas in a supportive environment;
- Research and creative activities that encompass the full range of academic disciplines;
- Meaningful student engagement built on active involvement, accessibility, and intentional educational experiences;
- The cultivation of university community that consistently practices integrity, civility, compassion, and respect;
- A shared commitment to creating a sense of belonging across unique communities, identities, ideas, and contributions;
- A welcoming spirit and a global perspective;
- Dedication to service and leadership for the public good;
- Responsible stewardship of our resources and environment; and
- Continued reflection and evaluation to ensure that our strengths always benefit those we serve locally and globally.
Approved by the President’s Cabinet on August 14, 2023.
- Supporting student success.
- Advancing academic excellence.
- Expanding discovery, innovation, creativity, and research.
- Enriching community, collaboration, and partnerships.
- Developing infrastructure and resources.