Pearson VUE delivers exams for professional licensures and various certifications. Please visit the Pearson VUE website for information regarding preparation, requirements, and approvals that you must have before you take a licensing or certification exam. Texas State University has one location that provide specific Pearson VUE computer-based testing. You may test at our main campus in San Marcos. If you have any questions, please contact us at 512.245.2276.
Currently, we are providing testing for the Information Technology (IT) Exams, Professional Licensure and Certification Exams, and GED exams. We will provide the TExES exam soon and update this site when it becomes available.
Step 1. Register for your exam. Visit the Pearson VUE website for the list of exams and registration instructions.
Step 2. On the test day, please bring your required materials for checking in for your specific exam. You will find all required materials on the Pearson VUE website.
Valid government-issued identification with photo and signature (i.e., driver’s license, passport, state-issued ID, military ID, etc.) and a second valid ID with a signature may be required.
Some exams allow for other types of identification or may require additional forms of identification. Refer to your specific exam requirements on the identification required for your exam.
- Cameras, cell phones, optical readers, or other electronic devices that include the ability to photograph, photocopy, or otherwise copy test materials
- Notes, books, dictionaries, or language dictionaries (except as expressly permitted by the test sponsor and named in the candidate’s confirmation letter)
- Book bags, purses, handbags, or luggage
- iPods, MP3 players, tablets, headphones, or pagers
- Calculators (except as expressly permitted by the test sponsor), computers, PDAs, or other electronic devices with memory
- Personal writing utensils (i.e., pencils, pens, and highlighters)
- Google and smart glasses (any glasses with any electronics)
- Watches, smart devices, and other jewelry except wedding or engagement rings
- Medicine, including cough drops (except as expressly permitted in advance)
- Food and beverage
- Hats, hoods, or other headgear are not permitted in the examination room unless required for religious purposes. All items are subject to inspection by the proctor if suspicious behavior is detected.
- Coats and jackets
The candidate may break at any time to use the restroom, get a drink of water, or stretch. Candidates are not allowed to leave the testing center or access personal belongings during unscheduled breaks. Time spent on a break cannot be made up; it is deducted from the overall testing time.
Please review specific requirements of your exam. Some exam sponsors will not allow unscheduled breaks or have additional restrictions.
We are not currently available to provide testing accommodations on PearsonVUE exams.
To Test at Texas State University, San Marcos Campus
The nearest visitor parking is in the Edward Gary Street Garage. Click here for more details.