Texas State University offers the following internal funding opportunities:Research Enhancement Program
- Contact: Michael Blanda, Assistant Vice President for Research and Sponsored Programs, email@example.com, 512-245-2314
- Texas State's Research Enhancement Program is an internally funded grant competition intended to encourage and provide support for faculty research and other creative activities. All full-time Texas State faculty members, tenured or tenure-track, are eligible to apply. Individuals are eligible to apply for a maximum of $8000; two or more eligible faculty, for a maximum of $16,000.
Multi-disciplinary Internal Research Grant (MIRG)
We are in the process of streamlining Division of Research internal funding opportunities. Guidance will be available by late Spring 2023.
- Contact: Provost and Associate Provost’s office. 512-245-2184
- Guidelines for this program are currently being revised. Please e-mail the Chair for information.
Albert B. Alkek Library, Library Research Grants
- Contact: Joan Heath, Assistant Vice President for Alkek Library, firstname.lastname@example.org, 512-245-2133
- Faculty members who need materials not in the library collection to support their research are invited to submit a proposal for a Library Research Grant. Each year the Alkek Library provides funds to acquire non-curricular materials for this purpose. Although the review process is competitive, most professionally written proposals have been funded in recent years.
- $20,000 in funding is available. Proposals over $3,000 are unlikely to receive full funding. Materials requested may include books, back issues of journals, electronic resources, AV materials, computer software. Requests should not include current subscriptions, journal articles or multiple copies of materials. Applicants are asked to provide a brief description of the project, a list of needed materials, and the estimated cost.
- To submit a proposal, use the form at this link.