Summer Camp Intern Application
Apply below to be a Mathworks Summer Camp Intern!
This is an amazing opportunity to gain direct hands-on experience in event management and camp administration while developing an understanding of the functions that support and build the program. Our goal is to provide invaluable on-the-job training that will benefit our interns’ future career.
Work with students, parents, teachers, and administrators to manage camp activities during the Junior Summer Math Camp at San Marcos High School, Residential Junior Summer Math Camp at Texas State University, and the Honors Summer Math Camp at Texas State University.
The Summer Camp Intern will conduct the following tasks:
- Coordinate transportation for campers
- Manage Food and clean up (catering, lunch lines, snack time, paper goods)
- Help keep classrooms and dorms clean
- Manage Mathworks handouts to teachers
- Setup playtime and assist with free time activities
- Ensure coffee station is stocked
- Manage camper pick-ups
- Photograph camp activities
- Track dining hall meals
- Other duties as assigned
Interested candidates should enjoy working with students from grades 4 - 12 and display an outstanding attitude toward learning and cooperation.
- $12.00 per hour
- Applicants are expected to follow all San Marcos CISD guidelines (dress code, code of conduct, etc.)
- If selected, you will need to provide your own transportation to and from camp each day.
- If selected, you must be available Friday, June 3 - Sunday, June 5 for pre-camp preparation.
- Employment will begin around May 2 through July 31 with the possibility to continue employment in the Fall.
- Work hours: spring semester 20 - 25 hours, summer semesters 30 - 40 hours
- After you hit "SUBMIT", a copy of your application will be e-mailed to you.
Please contact Kaelie Garcia at Kaelie.firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you!