Texas Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol
The Texas Undergraduate Research Day at the Capitol will be held on April 11, 2023, at the Texas State Capitol in Austin, Texas.
Registration opens on January 18th, 2023, and will close on February 28th, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
Before You Register:
Be sure to gather all the required information for Registration.
For a complete list of required registration materials visit the Registration Information Page.
Registration for campus liaison and faculty research advisor (may be the same individual)
Registration for student researcher(s)
This program showcases the experiences of undergraduate students engaged in research for Texas legislators and the public through high-quality poster displays. The program will highlighte how research conducted by undergraduate students positively impacts Texas—and Texans—with the theme: Transforming Texas Through Undergraduate Research.
Up to 75 research projects will be displayed in poster format reflecting the work of numerous undergraduate students representing over 50 academic and health-related institutions across Texas (both public and private/independent universities and colleges). Each university president in Texas has been invited to identify a faculty liaison to determine the process for selecting the student researchers who will represent their university at the Capitol.
This event is coordinated by the Council of Public University Presidents and Chancellors (CPUPC) and the Independent Colleges and Universities of Texas, Inc. (ICUT).
Student participants and their faculty advisors will have the opportunity to tour the Capitol, attend committee hearings and observe the daily meeting of the Senate and/or House of Representatives. Student participants are encouraged to work with their institution in scheduling meetings with their respective legislators.
The goal of this event is to promote Texas undergraduate research projects. However, once again, we have partnered with the Texas Association of Graduate Admission Professionals (TxGAP) in order to provide event participants with access to Texas graduate school information. After all, it makes sense to encourage our top undergraduate students to continue their education in Texas!
1. LaQuinta Austin Capitol Downtown by Wyndham
Austin Capitol Downtown
300 E. 11 St., Austin, Texas 78701
Group Code “Undergraduate Research Day” or #CGURED
- Room rate is $129 plus hotel taxes for single/multiple occupancies (two double beds/room).
- Parking is valet-only at $30.00 plus taxes, per day/night.
- Room rate includes free breakfast and Wi-Fi daily.
- Each guest must call and make their own reservation by referring to the conference “Undergraduate Research Day” or by using reservation group code #CGURED by contacting LaQuinta Austin Capitol (512) 476-1166; or booking online.
This offer ends on March 11, 2023.
2. DoubleTree Austin-University Area by Hilton
DoubleTree Austin-University Area
1617 IH-35 North Austin TX
(1 mile from the Capitol, approximately 5-minute drive)
Group Code “Undergraduate Research Day” or #CDTUPC
- Room rate is $179 plus hotel taxes for one room (standard king).
- Parking is $25 plus taxes, subject to change.
- There is a restaurant on-site; free Wi-Fi in the room and lobby.
- Each guest must call and make their own reservation by referring to the conference “Undergraduate Research Day” or by using reservation group code #CDTUPC by calling (512) 479-4000.
This offer ends on March 12, 2023.
Photos from the 2019 event provide a view of how posters will be displayed at the Capitol on April 11th!