|Workplace, Community, and Continuing Education
|Texas State Certificate
|Adult English as a Second/Foreign Language
Graduate College Deadlines*
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. International applicants, please visit our international web pages for additional requirements.
Online Application: www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/admissions/document-info.html
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Review the instructions for submitting your application fee(s).
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- A 2.75 overall GPA or a 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus any completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed graduate course work (if applicable)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- writing sample as specified:
- Discuss a major issue currently confronting adult education. You are strongly encouraged to draw on your own experiences in education in writing this essay. Please detail your own position on the subject and limit your response to 1000 words.
- three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional work, including at least one supervisor
Review the Graduate College Adult, Professional, and Community Education (Master's) page for more information.
International applicants should consult the graduate college regarding English proficiency requirements.