|M.A.||Workplace, Community, and Continuing Education||36||N/A|
|Texas State Certificate||Adult English as a Second/Foreign Language||18||N/A|
Graduate College Deadlines*
The items required for admission consideration are listed below. International applicants, please visit our international web pages for additional requirements.
Online Application: www.gradcollege.txstate.edu/admissions/document-info.html
- $55 nonrefundable application fee
- $90 nonrefundable application fee for applications with international credentials
Review the instructions for submitting your application fee(s).
Transcripts & GPA
- baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university
- a copy of an official transcript from each institution where course credit was granted
- minimum 2.75 GPA in your last 60 hours of undergraduate course work (plus and completed graduate courses)
- minimum 3.0 GPA in all completed graduate course work (if applicable)
Review the instructions for submitting your transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if admission is granted.
- GRE scores not required
- writing sample as specified:
- Discuss a major issue currently confronting adult education. You are strongly encouraged to draw on your own experiences in education in writing this essay. Please detail your own position on the subject and limit your response to 1000 words.
- three letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your professional work, including at least one supervisor
Review the Graduate College Adult, Professional, and Community Education (Master's) page for more information.
TOEFL or IELTS Scores
Non-native English speakers who do not qualify for an English proficiency waiver:
- official TOEFL iBT scores required with a 78 overall and minimum individual module scores of 19
- official IELTS (academic) scores required with a 6.5 overall and
- minimum individual module scores of 6.0
Review the instructions for submitting your official test scores.
To schedule an appointment for an interview, please email Kassi Redwine (firstname.lastname@example.org) AFTER completing the application process.